Monday, October 26, 2009

Random Things I Like Today


- Owen's room! We're almost finished! It was supposed to be a Christmas present, but too many rainy days in a row for my painter/husband means we got a jump start. Here's how things unfolded: Aaron sat me down in a dark corner of the basement and told me to find a way to use leftover paint. :) For some reason I like being forced to fit random things together. There is something magical about taking leftover pieces and making something awesome out of them. I even got to wear my carpenter hat for a while, as we used some chair-rail we accidently (don't ask) purchased at Habitat to make glossy, graphic black lines on the wall. It's kinda nice being married to the best painter ever. Yes, I realize this is blatant self-congratulation, but it looks AWESOME!!


- This baby.

- Pushing Daisies. I'm a little behind; you all probably already know this show is fantastic. But I just got season 1 at the library and I am in love. Okay, so I've only watched the first two episodes, but my hopes are high. I mean, what a great story idea. Wish I'd thought of it. Seriously, I love everything about this show: the setting, the casting, the narration, the characters, the plot. Why was this show cancelled??

- I really like it that I can look totally gross, and my husband still likes me. Hurray for true love!!

- Just Between You and Me, by Jenny B. Jones. Sooo funny! And, wow, does Jenny know how to write tension! I think I may have verbally defended the main character a few times. I got a little involved... And the "aha" moment was just right. This is a keeper. Read it!

- Pumpkin! I can't stop thinking about all the tasty pumkin-y things I would like to put in my mouth right now. And because I love you, I'm going to post the best pumpkin cookie recipe ever. (Tomorrow, because I have to go now.)

4 comments:

  1. So where are the pictures of Owen's awesome room?? Or are you waiting for the finished product?
    And I just had a little reflection on my pumpkin love earlier this morning. Autumn is the best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm waiting until we're done. We were close, but then I got this "great" idea involving the need to paint tons of picture frames. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading JBY&M right now! And WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun - can't wait to see the pics of Owen's room. Do you have plans for Carolines room next?

    ReplyDelete