Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wanna play?


There are no prizes, this is just for glory.
I'll list some lyrics, you name the sang (or artist). These are faves of mine from random corners of my iTunes, (i.e. what I was listening to today.) I love song lyrics because you only get a few words to paint a picture or evoke an emotion. A couple are these are kind of obscure, but if you know me or have ever received a mix CD from me, then this shouldn't be too hard. Feel free to post your own lyrics in the comments. I promise not to google them for the answers.

1. And I can't call it easy
This thing no one will survive,
Though we are all breathing
There are few of us alive.
And we will stand here perishing
In hopeless circumstance
And the wisdom of the world
Will tell us not to take the chance...

2. I've seen the paths that your eyes wander down
I want to come too...
I think that possibly,
Maybe I'm falling for you

3. I love anonymity and I love being noticed
Just the same as anybody else

4. santa is here
sleigh bells are ringing
twenty-one elves
they are singing,
k-mart is closed,
so is the bakery,
everyone's at home
watching tv

5. And the moon is a sliver of silver
Like a shaving that fell on the floor of a Carpenter's shop

6. I hope we sit together when Jesus serves the wine
So I can look into your eyes when I taste it the first time
And I know there's no secrets when you're sitting at that table
But I believe we'll smile real knowingly when we read the label

And a sad one to close...

7. I drink good coffee every morning
Comes from a place that's far away
And when I'm done I feel like talking
Without you here there is less to say

Have a favorite lyric? Post it, post it! I wanna play too.

5 comments:

  1. Well, 6 and 7 are easy (since they are favorites of mine).
    6 "Both of us will feel the blast" by Waterdeep
    7. I Just don't think I'll ever get over you by Colin Hay from the Garden State soundtrack

    I have to hear song #2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ding, ding, ding! #7 always just makes me want to sit down and write. I think I might've even shed a tear once when I was really into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Alicia, since nobody wants to give it a shot, I'll tell you what #2 is...
    Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop, by Landon Pigg. I could listen to it on repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think #7 has made me cry too. I love sad songs. :)
    #2 I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Satellite Soul- Fool
    3. Caedmon's Call- Ballad of San Francisco
    4. Sufjan Stevens- C'mon, Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance
    5. Rich Mullins- Color Green
    :)

    ReplyDelete